Rich Hampel

Default Water Tanks - Custom - good material?

the thickness of the stainless can be kept fairly thin ... if you
install lots of baffles and internal supports.
the achilles heel in stainless tanks is the quality of the welds.
Welding creates a heat affected zone that is more vulnerable to attack
by chlorides and is also more vulnerable to fatigue. The least amount
of welding will create the stronger (chemical-wise) tank.

In article . com, Da
Kine wrote:

i thought about SS first but thought that it would be so heavy ..
maybe I'm thnking too much. If i want to go with about 45 gal. tank,
how thick do you think I should get on the metal? There is a place near
me that I can buy the 316 on the cheap but welders are few and far.

Thanks