Rick & Linda Bernard

Default Water in the Bilge

The explanation may be correct since I do not know how much water you are
collecting. I would suggest as someone else has said to dry with a sponge
and see if the water returns.

I looked up the boat on the internet. Seems like a nice boat. I not sure
but does the boat have any through hulls? It seems like there are bait
wells and ice chests that may leak and/or drain to the bilge. The thing I
would do is ID all the thru hulls on the outside and find them on the
inside. See if they are leaking. Use a water hose if on a trailer from the
outside to generate pressure on the thru hull.

Look at anything that contains water - bait wells, ice chests, fish boxes
etc. These may just drain into the bilge and be the source of water or they
may be leaking. If you have a water tank fill with water and look at the
fill hose and tank for leaks. Try to refill the next day to see if the
level has dropped.

If it is fresh water leaking and you use the boat on salt water then try
using food coloring in the various water containers one at a time. (I am
not sure I like the food coloring idea because it may stain the fiberglass
so I would try a little in a small spot first to test)

"Ernie" wrote in message
news
A few days ago I posted a message regarding water in my bilge's new 2003
Trophy and all who responded were unanimous in agreeing that was not

normal
and should be traced to the source so it could be remedied. Here is what
Ken Naff, the Regional Service Manager for Trophy boats said and I quote:

"With regard to water in the bilge, it is not uncommon and there will

likely
be some residual such as you experience. If the water is in sufficient
quantity the bilge pump will pump it out. Please be advised when the pump
shuts off any water left in the hose runs back into the bilge."

How many of you agree with this explanation?