Tony Thomas

Default Water in the Bilge

There lies the problem. A lot of places that could be the leak will be
above the level you would want to fill the boat to.

--
Tony
my boats at http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 22:00:56 -0400, "Gary Warner"
wrote:

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
.. .

Not necessarily, there is more than one way to skin a cat.... fill
the boat with a hose and look for the water to run out the "other"
way.... proximity to water not necessary.....you could do that in the
desert!

--

This seems fine for a little water in the bottom. But a hull isn't made

take lots of water pressuse/weight from the inside. I don't know, but
it seems putting lots of water inside a hull would not be a good idea.

Anyone know for sure?

Yeah.... you don't want to put *a lot*. A hull is made for
compression, not tension...... (read with grain of salt if you are the
picky sort) so don't interpret my words as ... "fill-up." A couple of
feet or less on a well supported trailer or similar isn't going to
hurt... but don't get crazy.... you could split the hull open like a
dropped watermelon...

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/

Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillageinn.com/directions.asp Where

Southport,NC is located.