Harry Krause

Default Water in the Bilge

Ernie wrote:
A few days ago I posted a message regarding water in my bilge's new 2003
Trophy and all who responded were unanimous in agreeing that was not normal
and should be traced to the source so it could be remedied. Here is what
Ken Naff, the Regional Service Manager for Trophy boats said and I quote:

"With regard to water in the bilge, it is not uncommon and there will likely
be some residual such as you experience. If the water is in sufficient
quantity the bilge pump will pump it out. Please be advised when the pump
shuts off any water left in the hose runs back into the bilge."

How many of you agree with this explanation?

If there is water in the bilge of a brand-new fiberglass boat of the
size you have, and it isn't rainwater or spray or something like that,
then there is a leak. And there should not be. You're being bull****ted.