posted to rec.boats.electronics
Jack Erbes

Default Adding Headphones??

Bill Kearney wrote:
Bill sometimes when the stars are out and the wife is down below Janis
Joplin or Mozart needs to be heard Loud with disturbing others......
As for your directions I understand the premis just a bit confused with
the connections.

You might also consider some wireless headphones. snip

Good idea! I use a set of Sony MDRRF960RK at home and they work great.
I can go to the kitchen or bathroom and still follow the plot. These
have a small transmitter/charging base that can plug into the audio out
RCA jacks or the audio mini-jack on any TV or stereo. It gets 9VDC
power from the supplied AC adapter, is on 900MHz, has three user
selectable channels, and claims 150 foot range.

The volume control is built into the full ear cover type headsets. They
will blank a lot of external sounds (not always a good thing). I
probably look for an open ear/more weatherproof model for use on a boat.

These were refurb's and cost about $40 on eBay.

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jackerbes at adelphia dot net
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine.com)