Matt Colie

Default Perkins 4-154 Power Curve

Skip,
As an engine professional for many decades I can tell you that all you
need is the two published numbers I hope are in the engines
specifications.
That would be the torque peak and speed and the horsepower peak and speed.
For a naturally aspirated diesel this is very close to what a dyno test
would give you.
Turn the HP back into torque (rev*tor/5252=hp)_ and plot it out as two
straight lines (it isn't, but it won't matter much). If I can find it
and you are interested, I could try to post the one page explaination of
this.
Ta Da - power curve

Matt Colie - still trying to get out of Detroit and back to tidal water
after 30+ years.

Skip Gundlach wrote:
Hi, y'all...

Back on the boat and about to pull the shaft and tranny to true the
shaft and plates and, perhaps, redo the MaxProp settings.

However, before I can do the calculations, though I have the pdf of
both the parts and manuals, I can't find anything about the power
curve.

Does anyone have them/know what they are, and willing to share?

Thanks.

L8R

Skip, on the boat for the duration, very small breaks excluded

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC
http://tinyurl.com/384p2 The vessel as Tehamana, as we bought her

"Believe me, my young friend, there is *nothing*-absolutely
nothing-half so
much worth doing as simply messing, messing-about-in-boats; messing
about in
boats-or *with* boats.
In or out of 'em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter,
that's
the charm of it.
Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your
destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never
get
anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in
particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to
do, and
you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not."