posted to uk.rec.sailing,rec.boats.cruising
Graham Frankland

Default Boat Safety - and thread arguments

"Gary" wrote in message
I agree that the biggest risk most people take every day is driving. I
have lots of friends who have been injured and some killed involving cars.
On the other hand, I have had none killed in the pursuit of sports yet.
Sometimes they get a little banged up but "bones heal and chicks love
scars". Dying playing a sport is stupid. Of course I hang with sensible,
intelligent folks. Can't say the same for them though.
Gary

Seems different people perceive risk differently. I too have lost far more
friends and aquaintances in flying/gliding accidents plus quite a few with
permanent spine and/or leg damage, than in motor accidents, including
several years when I was competing in motor sport and the 60's when we
rarely bothered wearing crash helmets on bikes. I've now got to the age
where most friends are falling off their perches with cancer or heart
attacks.

Graham.