posted to rec.boats.electronics
Ted

Default ICOM-M802 SSB how to connect one antenna to two antenna ports on the back of the radio

"Larry" wrote in message
"Ted" wrote in newsUw0g.2986$An2.2357
@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

You could get a diplexer to connect both antenna ports to one antenna

Sue him when you blow the hell out of it. These diplexers are for using
two radios on WIDELY SPACED-IN-FREQUENCY DIFFERENT BANDS! THEY DO NOT
DIPLEX WHEN BOTH RECEIVERS ARE ON THE SAME HF BANDS!

This nonsense will blow the DSC receiver's front end....I guarantee it.

DO NOT HOOK BOTH COAX CONNECTORS TOGETHER THROUGH ANYTHING!!

Geez....

Relax and take a deep breath larry before you pop a vein in your neck.

I was responding to a comment about the two antenna connectors being
designed for separate HF and VHF bands. That misconception about the M802
has been corrected. The ports on the diplexers I listed are band isolated
so if you did connect it to the M802 it wouldn't work properly but would not
"blow the DSC receiver's front end". You should stop and think before you
fuss.