posted to rec.boats.electronics
chuck

Default Testing SSB Installation

bradleyj wrote:
I just completed the installation of a SEA-235 radiotelephone with a
1635 automatic tuner coupled to a Shakepeare Galaxy Style 5390 17.5’
whip on my aluminum hull boat. I'd like to do a radio check, but I
haven't had any luck getting WLO to respond to my requests. Is anyone
out there on the US east coast available to help me out with this? We
could set up a time and channels to try it on and exchange cell phone
#s in case we can't contact on the radio.

You might try checking into the Cruiseheimers net at 0830 EST on 8152
kHz. They use relays and cover a lot of the East Coast. If fact, while
cruising, it is good to check in to a net like that regularly to ensure
the equipment is working OK. After listening for a few weeks, you'll
develop a good feel for typical signal strengths and propagation
anomalies. Also get to know some other cruisers.

Good luck.

Chuck