posted to rec.boats.electronics
Me

Default Rodent Chew Damage to Depth/speed/temp sensor wires.

In article ,
"Dennis Pogson" wrote:

David Puddy wrote:
The humminbird 405SX-200 I installed last year experienced rodent
chew-through of the wires just above the units (one depth transducer
and a separate temp/spped sensor) My questions are;

1) Is splicing the wires even possible with their size? Or am I
looking at replacement units.

2) Is there any proven methods of keeping these electronics protected
from muskrats, etc?

Thanks,
David Puddy

Yeah! It's called insurance!

Yes, one can splice transducer cables with success, and the temp/speed
part is no problem at all. Having critters living aboard requires an
eradication effort, or a good Cabin Cat.....

Me