posted to rec.boats.electronics
Ted

Default AIS ship data: everibody have seen this? - why do we use GPS to track buoys??

"Bill Kearney" wrote in message
t...

Thats what Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and data authentication is
for.
Its clear that you don't understand these concepts either.

I'm quite familiar with PKI and the insecurities associated with it.

No. You are not. If you were then you would have mentioned it in your first
response. Nice try at pretending you are smart but sorry, no cigar.

You shouldn't try to hide behind the group now that you have been shown
not know much about what you are talking about. I see no one running to

your
aid or trying to defend your emotional statements. You are simply an old
geezer who jumps at the chance to declare how you love paper maps and

don't
trust GPS because you don't understand GPS and now you are upset that I
dared to point out that fact.

You really are an arrogant one, aren't you?

I am simply pointing out how obvious it is that you don't understand the
basic principles of navigation, GPS, electronic charting and PKI and you
also don't seem to understand that you can't read a paper map in the dark
yet here you are in this group lecturing people about how great paper maps
are. I would say it is you who is arrogant. You might learn a lot more if
you stop talking and listen for a moment.

It's not about not understanding GPS or liking charts instead of it. It's
about disagreeing with your blanket statements about GPS being a complete
replacement for them, in an exclusionary manner. All the rest of your
posting is just geared toward trying to shout down anyone that doesn't buy
into your delusional beliefs.

Only from old geezers who enjoy lecturing the rest of the world about how
smart they are and how map and compass is the "end-all, beat-all solution
for navigation" when the truth is that map and compass is all they
learned
and all they are capable of knowing.

Were are you getting this whole 'geezer' issue from?

From your ill considered and uneducated outbursts in this thread that have
nothing to do with the point being made which was that GPS never has
required buoys and never will.

What're you, a
teenager still living in your parent's basement? It's not about lecturing
anyone that paper and buoys are "better". More than binary arguments
about
one OR the other are ill-conceived.

Belt and suspenders. Lots of tubby old geezers wear them both. You can
continue to lecture the whole group about how you think that maps and
compasses and buoys are required or the maritime industry will come to some
sort of horrible destruction but I am personally getting bored with your
shallowness and inability to read.