Gogarty

Default Insurance early warning?

In article . com,
says...

Da Kine wrote:
we've been trying to insure our boat for liability only and can not get
it without an out of water survey. It seems people with recked boats
from the canes are geting liability insurance and then letting calling
their boat in as a reck to get the insurance to clean it up. FL charges
the reg owner big bucks if you leave a boat sitting after it is recked.

THANK YOU Da KINE

AT LAST........... SOMTHING ABOUT INSURANCE!

So far we have Allstate as a real bargin. About $300-340 for reasonable
coverage for boats 27'-39'

Any other owners out there who have insurance recomendations?

Boat US. Had Allstate once because they carried our home insurance. But I
got the impression they knew from nothing about marine. Looked into
swithcing to Geico, which carries our car insurance. But they know from
nothing about sailboats and could not touch our Boat US premium by several
hundred dollars. Their service has been excellent. We had a major casualty
(fire) two weeks after we bought the policy and they paid with never a
quibble. Our premium increased only 10% and that for only two years when
it fell back to the no claims level.