Default boat registration without pink slip in CA.

Chuck Tribolet wrote:
DMV doesn't really care about property taxes. That county turf, and the county works
hard to figure out if you have restored your boat.

My friend didn't claim he restored the boat. He told them he built the
boat from the ground up. Lumber, fiberglass and marine supply store
receipts. Like I said, it was many years ago. I'm sure they would be a
little more picky these days.

I do know they always want to know where the boat is stored if
different than your home address. Makes the aerial pictures over the
private lake doable. No boats listed at the address and they'll give
you a call.

There was quite a questionaire from the Santa Clara County Tax Collector this year.

Got it too. I expect them to drop their appraisal of my boat. It's a
fishing boat and I work it hard.

But I don't think the property tax is too bad: $115 last year on my 97ish Boston Whaler.

Nope, not too bad. I pay $69 a month just to keep mine in (outdoor)
storage.

-phish