posted to rec.boats.electronics
purple_stars

Default VHF Antenna Recomendation

Patrick Harman wrote:
I just had my VHF antenna fail after four years. The market seems totally
dominated by Shakespeare. Is there a model that stands out on price
performance? I am inclined to buy the cheapest, if they all only work for a
few years.

Pat Harman
M/V Meriwether

i'm partial to wilson electronics but i wouldn't agonize over the
decision. in the end it's a piece of wire cut to the right length ...
it's good to know how to make one in case you get into trouble
somewhere. if you learn something about antennas you can even make
special ones for special situations in case of emergency.