Calif Bill

Default boat registration without pink slip in CA.

"s o" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I planned on buying an old small fiberglass boat with an outboard on it
for about $400. The seller has no title or paperwork whatsoever. I
called dmv and they said bring in a bill of sale(like an invoice) and
they'll decide whether I could register it. Has anyone had similar
experience? how else can I get it registered? thanks.

s o

Before purchasing, figure out how long since it was registered in California
if at all. The state never forgives registration fees, and they add 50%
penalty.