Default boat registration without pink slip in CA.

Chuck Tribolet wrote:
Message:

1. Never give money without the title.

2. Even you own the lake, in California, it has to be registered, See the third item in
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/boatsinfo/boatreg.htm

This doesn't surprise me. They use aerial photos to find additions
built without permits. If they saw a boat in your own private lake and
none listed at your address, they'd give you a call.

3. CA DMV seems more interested in getting the sales tax, making sure you didn't
screw the state on the price, and establishing a paper trail in case it later turns up stolen.
That makes sense.

You missed a really big one. Property taxes. I don't think all counties
charge PT on boats but mine sticks me once a year. Still wouldn't live
anywhere else.

-phish