Don White

Default Another "sound" recommendation

Doug Kanter wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

I downloaded a CD last night that just puts it all away for me.

It's Louis Armstrong Plays W.C. Handy, a recording from 1954 that includes
some of the very best sides Louis recorded in his later days.
Includes about 15 W.C Handy tunes (St. Louis Blues, Loveless Love, et
cetera), plus AN INTERVIEW with W.C Handy himself. Velma Middleton is the
lead vocalist, along with Louis. Many of the tunes are the same as I
remember from an Armstrong concert I got to attend in the late 1950s in
New York City.

I got it on the Russian pay site, but I's sure iTunes has it, too.

Do you know who the "Funk Brothers" were? No cheating - answer before you
google.

Involved with the 'Motown Sound'?