posted to rec.boats.building
derbyrm

Default making a rudder - this may be a stupid question but.........

That's the word!

Roger (a brain is a terrible thing to lose)

http://home.insightbb.com/~derbyrm

"Jim Conlin" wrote
I recollect the generic term "kellet" and that there was a commercial
product called "Rode Rider".

"derbyrm" wrote in message
"DSK" wrote in message
True. That doesn't mean you need to carry it right at the bow.

derbyrm wrote:

snip
Misunderstanding here! I gave up the idea of an all chain rode when
gave up on my version of Badger. The short heavy length is what I'm
thinking of. Or a keggle.

Don't know what a keggle is.

I've been having trouble finding the correct spelling for the gadget.

What I'm referring to is a weight which slides down the rode, part way,
to emulate the catenary you'd get with the chain. It has its own light
line
for recovery and positioning.

snip