Dennis Pogson

Default Insurance early warning?

Bob wrote:
Luc wrote:
I pay about $330 for Allstate insurance on a 40 footer. My last
boat, a 27 footer, I paid slightly less for. I made a claim when I
dismasted,

Hi Luc:
I pay $304 for Allstate insurance on my 39' .
I ahve not had a claim yet. But your experience sounds reasuring. That
wa my big conmcern. A cheep premium is wothless if the company denies
your claim or drops y9ou after a claim.

Those rates seem to be somewaht cheaper than British rates, and we don't get
any huirrcanes over here!

As for gas, try $160 per litre for starters. The pips are squeaking, and the
government is about to abolish the "red diesel" scheme for pleasure boaters.

You've a long way to go yet! :-)

Dennis.