Big gus

Default Bottom Paint ,,, 20 layers of Bottom Paint ,,, how to remove it.

I have a 29' foot boat and I had a guy come out and sand blast it all
off
cost me about 300 beans

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:18:27 GMT, "Thomas Wentworth"
wrote:

I looked at a boat this past weekend. There must have been twenty layers of
bottom paint. It was so thick, ....

I'm thinking ??? ,, how on earth does one get this bottom paint off.
Sanding will do the trick but I would think it might take a month.

What is the prefered method of bottom paint removal? What tools to use? Is
there a bottom paint removal substance?

After the bottom paint is removed, right down to the bare gelcoat ... about
August 1st .. joke there ..

After the bottom paint is removed,, what should be done? Put a thin coat
back on? Put on a coat of the sealer stuff?

Bottom paint doctors wanted ,, calling doctor Scrape, Sand, and Remove ,,
calling doctor Scrape, Sand and Remove ...