Don White

Default Insurance early warning?

prodigal1 wrote:

Hah! Such a cynic! ;-)
I've kf'd "the Dave" but it's actually helpful that you quoted him. His
rant illustrates my point. Sheeple like "the Dave" line up to get
fleeced by "insurance" companies, and seemingly enjoy the experience so
much, they can't conceive of getting anything _but_ fleeced. Curious
how BC's Republican wannabe premier Gordon Campbell hasn't privatised
the public Insurance Corporation of BC. Why let all that profit go into
private hands when it can help pay for roads, schools and hospitals.

I was putting the first gas in my newly leased Ford Ranger pickup this
afternoon. While mildly complaining to the girl at the booth about the
$1.14 liter price of self-serve regular, she informed me that she just
came down from BC and can't believe how high our gas prices *and*
insurance rates are. Said she can't afford to drive her car in Nova
Scotia and the $1800.00 yearly insurance rate here was only $900.00 in BC.
I said that wasn't too bad for a young person, but she said she's 27
with 10 years driving under her belt.