Roger Long

Default Insurance early warning?

Sheesh! Not again. Why can't I start a thread without it turning into
another political spat?

--

Roger Long

"Don White" wrote in message
Dave wrote:
On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:53:44 -0400, prodigal1 said:

Why is it that no one ever suggests that it's time to bring
parasitic entities such as "insurance companies" to heel?
_Long_past_time_ for public insurance I think. Something that
meets the needs of the insured rather than the greed of the
stockholders of the insurance companies.

Why is there always some genius in a group who seems to think that
1000
members of the govment employees' local union are going to do a
better job
than people with a profit motive? Such economic ignorance never
ceases to
astound me.

Gee Dave.. how many shares do you have in the oil companies etc.
We had this debate recently here, and although the majority of
people were convinced we'd do better under a public insurance
system, the provincial govrnment commissioned endless studies and
decided that the market was being served. I wonder if that was
before or after usual party donations were received?