Don White

Default Insurance early warning?

Dave wrote:
On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:53:44 -0400, prodigal1 said:

Why is it that no one ever suggests that it's time to bring parasitic
entities such as "insurance companies" to heel? _Long_past_time_ for
public insurance I think. Something that meets the needs of the insured
rather than the greed of the stockholders of the insurance companies.

Why is there always some genius in a group who seems to think that 1000
members of the govment employees' local union are going to do a better job
than people with a profit motive? Such economic ignorance never ceases to
astound me.

Gee Dave.. how many shares do you have in the oil companies etc.
We had this debate recently here, and although the majority of people
were convinced we'd do better under a public insurance system, the
provincial govrnment commissioned endless studies and decided that the
market was being served. I wonder if that was before or after usual
party donations were received?