Da Kine

Default Licensing alternative

This guy with the ripping roof had stripped his deck of all fittings to
paint and had built a 6 foot overhang with no supports at its stern.
The cane hit at his stern and in his case, there was no hope. I just
happened to be next to him. I tried to secure his boat but I think he
thought he was covered by insurance and wanted the damage. My rod
rigging was worth more then his entire boat!

Normally, I jsut a foot or two of chain from the dock to my line so
that the lines don't cut and then I use those black snubbers to give
way and the longer the line the better the hope. I had 5 feet of surge
many miles back into the north part of biscayne bay where a normal full
moon tide is only 2 feet or so.

The boats that went to anchor all ended up on a beach, or worse, they
sank. I think the official wind is at 157 sus. for our area for wilma
so with a storm like that there isn't much hope no matter what you do.