Dennis Pogson

Default Beneteau vs. Jeanneau

Cartmann wrote:
"Dennis Pogson" je napisao u poruci
interesnoj ...

I was thinking of a Beneteau Oceanis Clipper 393 (150k eur in
Croatia with elec. pack and bimini), or Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 39i
(new model) - 120k eur.

Since they are both made by Groupe Beneteau, who own Jeanneau,
perhaps you should ask them.

Thnx, I didn't know that. Beneteau dealer says that "beneteau is
brand name, and jeanneau isn't", Jeanneau dealer says opposite.

Beneteau once had the reputation of being rather better-built than Jeanneau,
but the market has become so confused, with nobody knowing who builds what
any more, that it's quite possible the position has been reversed.

Perhaps an in-depth inspection of the 2 boats would reveal hidden advantages
to one or the other, hopefully without a salesperson present?

Dennis.