posted to rec.boats.building
David Manthey

Default Length of a boat

A big thank you to everyone who answered.

I now know what the legal length of my boat is and the length a marina
would charge me for.

One of my concerns with length has been in reading historic accounts
of bateaux, the length is frequently cited. I guess that this number
is whatever the person writing a journal or account was told by the
boat men, the transportation booking agency, the builder, etc., and
therefore would vary just as the different answers have varied. I
have yet to see a historical account of a bateau give any qualifier
for a length (no handy LOA or LWL after the number).

Again, thanks a bunch.

- David
David Manthey

Orbitals - Programs - Books -