Default replacing forward cockpit drain hose, valves, ranger 26

Hm ok. So at this point I'm looking for recommendations on combinations
of hardware (which may be difficult as noted above) -

Assuming that's a NPT thread on the photo, I want to put an NPT

- Marelon ball valve? is this inappropriate?
- bronze ball valve that's not the cheapest one out there?

The Groco stainless ball valve at West Marine is all NPS. I assume this
is what i Do Not Want. Their flanged seacock ($$$) is NPT both ends...
do I need a hose barb fitting to screw into the top end to receive the
hose? Not really sure how that part works..

I guess I can go hash this out at my local chandlery. Anyway thanks
again for everyone's pointers on this matter. Cheers,

-CB