Dennis Pogson

Default What's CE Classification means?

wrote:
Dog - You might think is is bureaucratic and no doubt the bureacrats
have got carried away but no more so than in the litigatious old
colony. If you read the ISO standards, most of them are "common dog"
and you would not really want to be in a new vessel that does not
comply. Although my new 22m steel vessel is exempted - pre 1950
design - I am following the ISO standards - and ABYC where
appropriate.

The CE rating is a type classification and does not reflect the quality of
the workmanship in an individual item. Knickers can be CE rated, but if the
elastic breaks and they fall to the ground, you cannot sue Brussels.

DP