Thomas Wentworth

Default Licensing alternative

Roger, if boat licensing ever comes to my sailing grounds, I am leaving the
USA. I've about had it with this F'n country as it is ,,,, this will just
be the last straw.

The USA .. can't control the millions of illegals who have invaded us ..
gives away millions of dollars to some stinking pit like Iraq,,,, we are
fighting wars in 2 or 3 countries ,, we are being taxed off the planet ,,,
can't buy a house because it cost too much ,,, our public schools suck ,,,,
the politicians are corrupt ...

And now you want to give some fat, dumb, related to the politician,,,
asshole the right to stop me on the high seas so he can decide if I'm
worthy?

That is it for me ... you won't be seeing me in the USA ... good bye.

One good thing about the world,,, lots of water...

I hope your happy.. Communist.

"Roger Long" wrote in message
Look the thing all of us most want to avoid is anything that gives land
lubber bureaucrats reasons to put guys in uniforms out on the water with
occasional quotas of a certain number of boaters to pull over to "show the
flag", "the system is working", etc. Having your afternoon interrupted by
the Coast Guard is bad enough but, at least they are minimally trained and
almost always professional to a fault.

Do you really want someone besides the Coast Guard driving around with
binoculars looking up your boat name and registration numbers and typing
them into a laptop to decide if they should waste a half hour of your
afternoon?

I should mention BTW that I am a Harbormaster. I don't want this kind of
thing added to my duties any more than I want to be the object of it when
I'm boating somewhere else.

--

Roger Long

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 10:29:57 GMT, "Roger Long"
said:

Besides, how do you suspend a right with out a license to
take away? Do you issue a piece of paper that says the person is not
permitted to operate a vessel? Do the boating police then board and
say, "We want to check if you have an operation suspension
certificate, please show it to us?"

Simple. When the person is convicted of, say, drunk boating, the sentence
may include suspension of his right to operate a boat. If he's stopped
again, the boating police or CG calls in to check whether he's been
suspended. If he has, he's charged with operating while his right to
operate
was suspended--just as if he had that little piece of plastic and it was
taken away from him.