Rod McInnis

Default Easiest way to power an air pump

"Jay" wrote in message
This year will be our first year using inflatable toys out on the river,

and
the dilemma I have is -- how to inflate them before use. So far my

options
seem to be:

Is the old classic foot pump totally out of the question?

I have some really large inflatable toys that I use a blower pump on just
because it would take forever with a foot pump. The blower gets them up most
of the way but I still need to finish them off with a foot or hand pump.

My ski boat has 12 volt outlets all over (four separate outlets) so I can
run anything off the ski boat. I would recommend that you do a really good
installation of at least one 12 volt outlet, they can come in quite handy
(charging cell phones, powering CD players, etc.). I would recommend wiring
it with heavy wire and a big fuse so you could operate one of those hand
held search lights if you wanted to.

For the houseboat I have a 12 volt outlet on a set of battery clips. I
just lift the lid to the generator compartment and clip onto the battery and
then plug into that.

Rod McInnis