Rod McInnis

Default boat hull cleaning and polishing

"RB" wrote in message
. ..

Is there any kind of gunk I can put on a buffer pad and let the buffer get
it cleaned up?

The basics of buffing is to use a "rubbing compound". This is essentially
an abrasive in paste format. Sort of like using a very, very fine
sandpaper. Smear some on the buffing pad and go to work. If the fiberglass
is heavily oxidized you may want to start with a "course" or "heavy duty"
rubbing compound to start with and then go over it again with a finer grit.

I find that holding the buffer is work enough, especially when you aren't
accustomed to it.

Rod McInnis