Gary

Default replacing forward cockpit drain hose, valves, ranger 26

Bob yeah there is going to be *very scant* freeboard I bet. Closing the
seacocks? I don't know, I get out there once/twice a week and if it
rains a lot cockpit will flood and possibly forward into the cabin.
Transom drainage came about 2 years later as a standard design AFAIK
and in this cockpit the traveller is supported by a little wall on the
back there that closes off the rest.. The (outboard) engine well itself
drains back but everything else is to the front (Roger).

I think closing off the cockpit drain valves while you're away from the
boat is a bad idea. That's one of the things that make solid fiberglass
tubes a good idea IMHO. But you're right, it's worked all this time and
will continue.

It would be less trouble than putting in solid tube fwd drains and may
help if you add a drain tube thru the back wall under the traveler.
Cockpit drainage capacity is one of those things where more is
definitely better!

If you run the drain hoses back under the cockpit you can get right back
to the transom. The little traveler bulkhead doesn't extend down below
the deck. But why bother?

The other challenge on my boat was teeing in the drains up on the seats
to the deck drains. That would make fiberglass pipe much more difficult.

Gary