Bob

Default replacing forward cockpit drain hose, valves, ranger 26

wrote:

Tape measure standing by. Heading out to the yard tomorrow. Thanks very
much for everyone's comments.

I don't want to screw with the existing through hulls (hell the boat's
been floating for 35 years now)

Colin

Hi Again:
My Ranger friend and I stood there staring at his two 1 1/2" valves
scratching our head for a long time. We both agreed that freezing and
sinking or filling the cockpit with water that spills into the cabin
and then sinking were real possibilities. After lots of staring and
talking, and a couple beers, we came to the same conclusion that you
did. Heck, the boat has been sitting at the same slip for 8 winters and
did sink yet. And three of the winters were ugly.... 0 degrees F for a
week., 3" thick ice covering the marina.
Go figure.?!

I was talking to an RN with 25 years experience as an operating room
nurse. She said there is a motto in the OR, "better is the enemy of
good."

NOw evertime I start another project on my boat I mumble repeatedly,
better is the enemy of good...

Bob
Bob