JIMinFL

Default More on Deep Cycle Batteries

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message

"JIMinFL" wrote in message
nk.net...
One good measure of quality is weight. The heavier the better.
Jim

Are the weights of batteries normally included in the specs?

I don't know. You could pick up a few. The weight differences are really
noticible.

I would guess that by more weight you are referring to heavier lead
plates....correct? How does that translate into more cranking amps or
ability to hold a charge and deliver power over an extended period?

Thanks!

If you want cranking amps you want more plates. Deep cycle batteries have
fewer/thicker plates. I'm not really sure how ampere hours come about. I
would guess that physical size matters in that case.

Pull up one of the battery maker web sites if you want an education on
batteries. I would recommend "Surrette Battery Company".
Jim