MMC

Default Myth dispelling links...

Thanks Wayne, I'm always open to completeing a chore like varnishing
quicker!
MMC

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 14:24:16 GMT, "MMC" wrote:

Just a question about removing old varnish: do you scrape before sanding?
My varnish work goes a lot quicker when I use a 90degree scraper to get

most
of the old varnish off before I sand.

I hired a professional to do the varnish on my boat last year. His
technique was to use a heat gun with a wide bladed putty knife type
scraper, followed by sanding. I've subsequently tried it myself and
it goes fairly quickly.