MMC

Default Myth dispelling links...

Know what you mean Roger. When I was not quite treating my body "like a
temple", (long runs in soft sand, tough PT and lifting), I didn't know about
the adjustments it would cause me to make later in life!
MMC
"Roger Long" wrote in message
"MMC" wrote

Roger,
Just a question about removing old varnish: do you scrape before
sanding?

About all I can tell you at this point is that I brush before
flossing. We just bought the boat last year and I averted my eyes all
season and pretended that I didn't see any varnish. Wait a minute.
There were some pieces of trim on the winch handle pockets that I
revarnished. I think I did scrape them but mostly sanded.

My wrist wears out fast. Sanding and painting is especially hard on
it. I'm sure hoping that fellow who said it was OK to use a stripper
that doesn't attack the gel coat was right. I'll probably use that
sparingly, then scrape, then sand, then varnish.

Actually, I'm leaning towards Deck Oje at this point. Wiping all the
teak down with a rag once a month seems a lot more pleasant and that
kind of motion doesn't bother me as much as brushing. I just took a
teak anchor roller "bowsprit" off and I'm going to make that my test
case.

--

Roger Long