John H

Default The Call Came...

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:08:32 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

Pandering.

Here's what you said about the quote (when you thought he was talking

about
the death penalty):

"OK...let me get this straight: We have a president who (among other

tricks)
implies that farmers have special knowledge about death penalty issues."

Now that you've been given the evidence that your source purposely

distorted
the quote, do you still feel that farmers don't have special knowledge

about
the "death tax" issue?

Pandering means catering to the lowest tastes or desires of others in

order
to exploit their weaknesses. I doubt anybody who's a farmer considers the
abolition of the "death tax" as their "lowest desire".

Why don't you just dmit it. You bought into a lie posted on a liberal
website, and got burned.

The key word is "us", NOYB. He included himself in a group in which he is
not a member. He implied that he "spent time in the heartland", sharing the
experiences of his audience. It would not matter if it were farmers,
automobile workers or commercial fishermen. He owns a ranch which is nothing
but a suburban home with extra land. To suggest that he shares ANYTHING with
an audience is pure hypocrisy.

You don't see a relationship between a ranch, a farm, and death taxes? Like,
large pieces of land, worth lots of money, for which a percent must be paid in
taxes upon the owner's death. The taxes must be paid up front. For many folks
the money isn't there, unless the property is sold.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!