Gary Warner

Default GPS unit selection

"Habda" wrote in message
I'm looking for your suggestions on a GPS unit. These are the features

that
I would like to have included:

Way Points
Distance Traveled (Able to Reset)
Speed

What would you recommend?

I recently bought my first GPS. My goals seem similar to yours. I just
basicly wanted
to know where we are and have some general informaiton. I would have liked a
GPS
with the mapping (maps on the display). But then the cost was quite a bit
more. So
I figured: Buy a cheaper one a use it for a year or more. That will give me
lots of
experience to know what I will want when I buy the next (better) one.

There were smaller ones that were cheaper, but I figured on the boat I
wanted one
that was submersable and had some features that were more boating centric.

I bought the Garmin GPS 72.

A good site with all types of information: www.GPSinformation.net

Good luck.

Gary

and I figured I can start with a simple model and learn a lot with it before
spending more
money on