Default replacing forward cockpit drain hose, valves, ranger 26

Tape measure standing by. Heading out to the yard tomorrow. Thanks very
much for everyone's comments. I think in general redoing the through
hulls above is a good idea and in fact one that occurred to me earlier,
but may be out of scope at least for this season.

I don't want to screw with the existing through hulls (hell the boat's
been floating for 35 years now) so I'm thinking get the proper valves
and get the nice new hose that Will Not Break. I will of course
endeavour to not have another connection point in the hose below
the waterline, which is basically the way it is now.

Bob yeah there is going to be *very scant* freeboard I bet. Closing the
seacocks? I don't know, I get out there once/twice a week and if it
rains a lot cockpit will flood and possibly forward into the cabin.
Transom drainage came about 2 years later as a standard design AFAIK
and in this cockpit the traveller is supported by a little wall on the
back there that closes off the rest.. The (outboard) engine well itself
drains back but everything else is to the front (Roger).

What's the complexity with the teflon tape? I've used this before on
conventional plumbing but I suppose it's not as critical there - what
is the right and wrong way to apply it?

Is there a reasonable way I can confirm that the through hull is
bronze?

I will pull the old hose off there in the morning and look at the
threading. Maybe I can paste a photo in here at that point.

Again thanks for everyone's comments. I may have more info to follow up
on tomorrow. Cheers,

-Colin