Jere Lull

Default Myth dispelling links...

In article ,
"Roger Long" wrote:

My wrist wears out fast. Sanding and painting is especially hard on
it. I'm sure hoping that fellow who said it was OK to use a stripper
that doesn't attack the gel coat was right. I'll probably use that
sparingly, then scrape, then sand, then varnish.

Just on the odd chance, try a maximum solution of TSP (the real stuff)
in hot water first. Works well as a light stripper, is fast, and doesn't
harm the glass. Heck, the two-part teak cleaner might just do the job.

When/if you strip, tape just as you would while varnishing, just to make
sure.

--
Jere Lull