Jere Lull

Default Licensing alternative

In article ,
"Roger Long" wrote:

Aviation judgements go through the roof compared similar injury in
other activities. It's not just the pilots insurance but the costs
past on in the cost of everything else. About 20% of the cost of an
airplane is the manufacturer's liability insurance load.

Multi-million judgements against manufacturers on 20 year-old planes,
nevermind that the "pilot" had a .15 blood alcohol and he "flew" the
plane into the ground 1 mile short at full power.....

Got so bad that no small (2-4 seat) planes were made commercially in the
US for 15-20 years. Think one of them got back in the biz a couple of
years ago.

I carry full *marine* insurance though I am a programmer for the biz and
know the odds intimately, but I sail a *lot* where there are are 'way
too many lawyers.

I also don't worry about licensing requirements. Passed my FAA written
on the first try with 97%. (at the time, about 60% flunked the first
try.) BUT, it's a bother and won't do anything meaningful.

--
Jere Lull