R.W. Behan

Default Hi-tech stuffing box material

Hey, Jim, thanks. That's the stuff, all right. It's too late for me: I
installed a Packless Shaft Seal a couple of years ago, and it's working
fine. But it IS complicated, and if I'd known about this stuff, I would
have gone that route instead. A friend of mine, though, was contemplating a
PSS, and I suggested this material--but couldn't remember the name. We both
thank you, sir.

Dick

"Jim" wrote in message
link.net...
R.W. Behan wrote:

Not too long ago we had a thread about a new material to use in
conventional stuffing boxes, instead of the traditional wax-impregnated
flax. I recall it was made and marketed by GoreTex, but don't recall the
product name. Can anyone help, please?

Dick Behan
M/V Annie

http://www.e-marine-inc.com/products...g.html#measure

I want to try this stuff, if i ever get around to ordering it.