posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default In search of stainless antenna adapter-- 1"-14 female - 1" nipple

Do you have a Morad part number-- I believe they make a plastic version
of this but I have not seen an anodized aluminum version.

Lynn Coffelt wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I'm looking
for stainless antenna adapter that would allow me to mount an antenna
that's normally designed to mount on a 1" stanchion but that I want to
mount onto a standard threaded antenna mount. In essence, this is a
1"-14 female to 1" nipple adapter.

I've seen lots of adapters that do the opposite-- allow you to mount a
threaded antenna onto a stanchion-- but none that go the other way.

OK, not stainless steel, but machined and anodized aluminum, by Morad. If I
understand correctly, what you are seeking is an adapter for something like
a Morad VHF-156HD antenna (which uses three set-screws to fasten on top of a
plain, 1" diameter tube) and that adapter is to then screw onto a common
1x14 male threaded common marine antenna mount. Their Seattle web site seems
to have been under construction for a painfully long time, but does have
contact information.
Old Chief Lynn