DSK

Default My deep cycle battery is shot......

JimH wrote:
The beat goes on.

After trickle charging it for 24 hours @ 2A and letting it sit another 24
hours I tested it and get a reading of 11.6 volts.........not good.
OK........time to get a new one, but this time upsizing to Group 27.
Another $150 (including holding bracket/box) goes to the boat expenses for
2006 and the darn thing is not in the water yet.

???

Dang, if you paid $150 for a gr-27 battery and box, then
you're either getting a Rolls (ok, maybe Surrette) battery
or you're getting ripped off.

Bottom line........after spending $1,600 this spring (with my labor) for the
improvements I will now have more room in the cockpit, tearing out the helm
seat/ice box/water faucet contraption and replacing it with a new helm seat
(on adjustable pedestal with 360 degree swivel and 7" front to rear slide).

That sounds pretty cool.

But don't feel bad, I just forked over ~ $4k for a bow
thruster, which I will have to put in myself... approx a
$10k job if you hire somebody else.

BOAT: A hole in the water you throw money into............how true that is.
;-)

Well, at least you get something good for the price.

Fair Skies
Doug King