basskisser

Default Where exactly to mount fishfinder's transducer on transom?

Melandre wrote:
In the fall, I bought a FF Garmin 120 and been procrastinating all
winter regarding installing it. Now I want to put the boat back in the
water so it is time to get on with it !

I am looking at the instruction sheet but because it is in 2D instead
of 3D, it is hard to tell from the picture where the tranducer should
be (relative to the bottom of the transom).

Should it be:
1) flush with the bottom of the transom?
2) an inch or more above the bottom of the transom?
3) an inch or more below the bottom of the transom?

Some of the guidelines provided:
"The transducer has to be located in clean (non-turbulent water). The
transducer should be located as near the centre of the boat as
possible"

"Mount the tranducer parallel with the water line" (this is one that I
find confusing since the picture with this caption points to the
bottomof the transom).

"Make sure the transducer is below water level when the boat is on
plane at full speed" (Make sense!)

Comments? Andre

I went here, and the instructions seem perfectly clear:
http://www.garmin.com/manuals/FishFi...StartGuide.pdf

And, it's exactly how I mounted mine, parallel to the water line, and
the corner of the transducer just below the lowest point on the
transom, ie: the one corner of the transducer that is toward the center
of the boat needs to be just below the bottom of the transom, again,
just exactly like the picture in the link above.