Henry Blackmoore

Default Easiest way to power an air pump

In article , "Jay" wrote:

This year will be our first year using inflatable toys out on the river, and
the dilemma I have is -- how to inflate them before use. So far my options
seem to be:

- Do it at the car with a cigarette adapter, and mini inflating device.

- Install a 12v. power source somewhere in the boat (drill hole/mount the
plug somewhere)

- Install a 12v. power source that hangs out somewhere in the battery
compartment under an aft seat (this way I don't have to drill any holes in
the boat)

- Find a battery operated pump, which'll prolly eat up batteries like no
tomorrow

- Use a new cleaver idea someone in the ng will come up with : )

Having a 12volt outlet to plug-in accessories on a boat is a good idea and
comes in handy. Why worry about a hole if you do it right?

That said you can always use those little alligator clip-on units with a
12volt receptacle at the other end and then plug your accessories into that.
You should keep one of these in your tool box of boat goodies at the very
least for emergencies.

You can also pump up an inflatable tube and the like pretty quick with a
manually operated unit such as a foot pump.

I would go with the permanent outlet and also use it for night fishing light
sticks, handheld spotlights and other toys and tools.