Calif Bill

Default Easiest way to power an air pump

"Jay" wrote in message
This year will be our first year using inflatable toys out on the river,

and
the dilemma I have is -- how to inflate them before use. So far my

options
seem to be:

- Do it at the car with a cigarette adapter, and mini inflating device.

- Install a 12v. power source somewhere in the boat (drill hole/mount the
plug somewhere)

- Install a 12v. power source that hangs out somewhere in the battery
compartment under an aft seat (this way I don't have to drill any holes in
the boat)

- Find a battery operated pump, which'll prolly eat up batteries like no
tomorrow

- Use a new cleaver idea someone in the ng will come up with : )

-j

I have both a cigarette lighter in the dash. Don't smoke, but great for a
spotlight. I also added a lighter receptacle at the back of the boat. I
drilled, but the boat is aluminum with a plywood piece covering the
batteries, etc. at the transom. Works for both my live bait bag and for
blowing up the toys. As to the pump, get a high volume, low pressure pump.
Wal-mart sells one that is all plastic and puts out about 2 psi and will
blow up the tube in about a minute. Is about $14.
Bill