posted to rec.boats.paddle
Michael Daly

Default Ultimate Roof Rack?

On 4-Apr-2006, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

1) Because the makers may not be doing so on the vehicle you prefer.

But I want the makers to realize that, for folks like us, this sort of thing
determines which vehicle we prefer.

2) So you can pick the horizontal locations. [...]

3) To allow for a more generic interface. [...]

See my response to Wilko.

4) To have a known quantity. When you drill through the vehicle's structure,
you have some feeling for how strong the attachments will be.

See answer to number 1) above.

Your approach leaves us with makers who don't really need to consider this part
of the market as one that should be serviced. They build whatever _they_ want
and you modify it with whatever you can find. I want them to make the vehicle
_I_ want and provide a simple, reliable and standard facilities that adapt to a large
number of outdoor enthusiasts. Many cars now have standard attachment points
for child seats - I want standard attachment points for grownup toys.

Mike