Doug Kanter

Default The Call Came...

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

OK...let me get this straight: We have a president who (among other

tricks)

OK, you've completely lost me on this one. I'm looking up the spelling of
"tangential".

I don't recall ever seeing that quote, I have no idea of the context --
which is crucial with a GW quote, as you're well aware -- and I can't see
any way that it is relevant to my comments. maybe it's the Easter ham.

I don't celebrate Easter, so no ham today. I had fresh trout for dinner,
baked with a sprinkling of fresh wild garlic from alongside the stream where
I caught the fish. If my mother was right, all that fish makes me a genius
for another day.

Here's the quote you say you never saw. I provided it for you 3 messages
back:

"Those of us who spent time in the agricultural sector and in the heartland,
we understand how unfair the death penalty is." George Bush, Omaha, Neb.,
Feb. 28, 2001

I can appreciate how context may affect the meaning of words. So, enlighten
me. Provide a LIKELY context in which this statement would NOT sound like
GWB was pandering to the audience in front of him at the moment.