Default New Jersey operator licensing

I am not an advocate of
recreational boat licensing... I have however, encountered many
people on the water (one which put a hole in my boat) who I wish
had either been kept off or had
their behavior modified by such a program.

Sounds like a big contradiction to me there! I think mandatory
training and certification (i.e. licensing) is the perfect solution for
the problem you just agreed is so prevalent...idiots or ignorant
boaters on the water, and the danger and damage they can cause
themselves and others.

I think if you examine accident and injury statistics in states that
have already started with laws like these, you'd have to agree that
it's already very beneficial, unless you're stuck on the personal
inconvenience you'd suffer by "sitting through the course." Actually
the courses in my experience are fairly fun and pleasant, and I would
think absolutely everyone, no matter how experienced they are, could
possibly learn something from them here and there

richforman